Monday, April 12, 2010

Life in UK-3

Life In UK-3


As you all know that I have shifted to Univ accommodation and made a quite a few friends, I was living happily. But there are few incidents which I would like to tell.

Let me tell you, that during my stay in univ accommodation, i never felt like i was staying UK, the reason been the homely type of feel I got in my flat and mostly i used to roam on my shorts and half T's and used to sweat also. But when I used to step out the chilly cold wind used to kick on the face and used to greet me like "welcome back to reality". I mean ask anyone who ever went to UK, how they used to roam in their house except for summer, the answer would be fully clothed, shirt and tracks, but never in shorts. I would also accept that because whenever I used stay back in my friends place, I used to be fully clothed.

Well It was my first day in my accommodation and I had set up all my stuff in my room and in kitchen. Morning I got up and got ready for univ, but there was a shock to me, I did not have any stuff to eat except maggie and corn and tomato soup packets, some pickles and some PODI's.

As I was getting late to univ, thought that I would come back and pick up some stuff so that can try my hand at  cooking. As fate would have it, my univ got over at 6 and my gr8 city of Newcastle would close down by 5pm. So I dnt have anything to cook except maggie. So I went back and made maggie as my dinner and had to be content with it. Next day been a half-day I had asked my friend to help me out in getting basic grocery like rice, oil, vegetables, masala's.

Now this is the fun part

After bringing back the basic necessary items for eating, I though stage is set for cooking. Now I been a expert in cooking I was thinking wht to cook??? But the best part was I only brought 1 vegetable and that too  potato which was already cut, mixed with  jeera seeds and olive oil. Now I been such a expert cook I did not read the instructions which were written behind and directly kept it in the pan which already had oil boiling and like a gr8 cook I put some off the pieces in the pan and tried to fry it. I mean I was trying to remember how to mom used to cook potato.

As the frying part would take some time I cooked rice by then. I should say thanks Mom, for making me prep atleast one thing and that was rice. I cooked rice in the pressure cooker and left it till the whistle comes. By this time I had a glance at the potatoes and i noticed that something is wrong. this i sensed it bcz instead of turning red, due to the adding of chilly powder and salt, it turned black. The smell was awful and at the end i had to throw it. SO MUCH SO FOR MY GREAT COOKING.

2 comments:

srujana said...

Win Exciting and Cool Prizes Everyday @ www.2vin.com, Everyone can win by answering simple questions. Earn points for referring your friends and exchange your points for cool gifts.

srujana said...

Win Exciting and Cool Prizes Everyday @ www.2vin.com, Everyone can win by answering simple questions. Earn points for referring your friends and exchange your points for cool gifts.