Sunday, April 04, 2010

Life in UK-2

Life in UK-2


Now after moving out of that room, i was pretty much relieved. The reason being I moved into univ accommodation. Univ accommodation was way better and comfy also, but it came with a hitch. The hitch was I don't know how to cook.  laugh as much as u want but that is the reality.

I was made to feel at home from the time I arrived into the flat. I had 4 other flatmates who were from 4 different nations i.e. Gibraltar, Cyprus, Nigeria, France. In total we were 3 guys and 2 gals. I had a pretty big room and was warm all the time. I never used to know whether it was cold or hot unless I used to open my window.

Life in the univ was really awesome....made gud friends and made a gr8 rapport with the prof's. It was end of Feb and I was busy with my assignments and stuff. I was walking towards the library for studying ( now here let me clarify, my frds who know me would say that I never used to enter library in my whole college life except for a few days which are must because of books which we have to take from there, otherwise me and library are in 2 different directions).

While walking I saw a big poster which was put up regarding the coming elections in the univ. I began to think how much these people value these elections and wanted to know how many Indian students are taking part in the elections. When I asked my friends regarding the elections they said that one is interested in that and I should also refrain myself from taking part. When I went back to my room I was thinking hard whether to take part or not. What would be the pro's and con's  of it. I discussed the same with my flatmates and I got a gud news and that was if I take part in the elections I would be the first Indian to do so for that post. I was trying to get elected for the post of  " Lay Student Councilor".

There are other post which are less importance than this post. The higher post than this are the Sabb's. There are only 5 posts in that and most of the people who are running for that posts are re-running. So it is good to be on the safe side that is first get elected to a lower post, get noticed and then run for the higher post next year. So as I decided, I nominated myself along with support for other friends for the post of "Lay Student Councilor".

News spread that I was standing in the elections and everyone congratulated me.  I did not campaign much, i would all say it was due to my friends word of mouth publicity that many people came to know i was standing in elections and that's what helped me to get good number of votes and got elected to the post of " Lay Student Councilor". And I was the first Indian to do so. I was pretty happy about it and celebrated with my friends.  

2 comments:

Rahul said...

Do me a favor, next time such things happen in your life, please blog immediately and send links to us so that we wont be late to feel happy for you.. [:)] great posts man.. waiting to read more..

Pratnee said...

wowwww.. and for cooking, u shud have visited my blog and taught ur frnds too..:P